Sunday, July 26, 2009

REPOST: Boutique in the Making...

Some people know that I will be transferring from UH (University of Houston) to the Art Institute for fashion. Well, in the past two or three weeks, I made up my mind and decided to open my own boutique in Houston!! I AM SO AMPED ABOUT THIS!!!

True enough it is going to take A LOT of hard work and many, many sacrifices, but I am willing and ready to do what ever it takes to get it open.

There are so many women I run across that look.....hmm, I guess the word would be, o.k.
And that's about it. Understand that I don't expect a woman to be dolled up or glamorous on a daily basis, but at least be presentable and comfortable. The boutique will cater to that actual working class woman. And I'm not talking about the woman who has a job, but no children.
I'm talking about that woman with two to three children, with daily activities like basketball practice/games, recitals, award banquets, business meetings, etc. I want that woman that really doesn't have time to take care of herself.

My ideas and concepts are a little vague at this time, but as the months pass, they will become more concise in what I want basic couture to feel and look like.

UPDATE: I've been thinking of names for the boutique (I actually have it), looking for spaces (found three ideal locations, all on the opposite side of town from each other), pricing different items (shopping bags, signs, hangers, etc.) and many other tasks. I must say, this is fun, but it is extremely hard work (I mentioned that in the first post). I'm constantly sketching, shopping for fabric, but I'm in need of a seamstress!! I have found one that works with some of the major names in fashion, but I haven't been able to meet her because she is working on New York Fashion Week (I cannot wait to show there one day).
So, other than that, I am still at the foundation of this business/boutique. I am going to continue to take my time to make sure that this baby comes out just right!

2 comments:

buzz kill said...

I am so proud of you. I know you are going to make this work and be fabulous doing it. And, God knows, I could use your fashion help! Just remember....keep business and peronal separate and always get everything in writing.

basi.C.outure said...

THANK YOU!! there are no other words to describe what your advice and encouragement means to me!!